Follow registered dietician, Mbali Mapholi as she journeys through a supermarket and speaks to moms about the snacks they give to their kids and the importance of dairy products for their growth, and their place in a balanced snack.
Your growing kids are active all day and need dairy for:
• Calcium which is essential in keeping their bones and teeth strong and healthy
• Protein to maintain their growing muscles
• Vitamin B12 to help their bodies manage how they store and use energy
• Good nutrients which contribute to the correct functioning of their bodies
• It is important to diversify their intake of dairy products by alternating between cheese, milk or yogurts