WIN YOUR SHARE OF R150,000!
Participants are encouraged to review the terms and conditions before entering this competition. By participating in this competition, entrants confirm that they have read, understood and agree to the terms and conditions (the “Rules”) stipulated below.
1. This competition is run by BEL South Africa.
2. The competition is limited to citizens and/or legal residents of South Africa and the following people are not eligible to participate in this competition:
- 2.1 Directors, members, partners, promotion and advertising agents, suppliers, merchandisers, employees or consultants to BEL or The Laughing Cow®;
- 2.2 Spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister, business partner or associate of any person who is directly employed by BEL or The Laughing Cow®;
- 2.3 People who are not legal residents and/or legal citizens of the Republic of South Africa.
3. This competition opens on 17 September 2018 and will end on 20 November 2018 23:59PM. No entries received after 20 November 2018, 23:59PM will be considered.
4. Participants enter or take part in this competition at their own risk; BEL and The Laughing Cow® bear no responsibility for any loss, damage or harm suffered as a result of participation in this competition.
5. To enter:
- 5.1 Participants must purchase any pack of The Laughing Cow® cheese wedges (8p Original, 16p Original or 8p Light) from any store nationwide during the promotional period;
- 5.2 After purchasing The Laughing Cow® wedges, participants should SMS their name to 32232 (charged at R1) to get a link to open a WhatsApp Chat with 066 100 2379, after which they should follow the prompts and send a clear photo of their till slip to complete their entry.
- 5.3 Participants can also enter directly by sending a WhatsApp message saying “Hi” to 066 100 2379.
6. The cost for entering the competition is R1 for the initial SMS to 32232. The WhatsApp communication forms part of the Participant’s cellular data bundle, at the rate at which the Participant’s service provider will charge for sending WhatsApp messages with a photo.
7. Participants may enter the competition as many times as they wish over the promotional period, provided that Participants purchase The Laughing Cow® cheese wedges each time and follow the competition entry process.
8. The prize winner will be required to provide a unique copy of a valid till slip as proof of purchasing of The Laughing Cow® cheese wedges within the promotional period for each entry.
9. Participants stand a chance to win 1 (one) of 212 (two hundred and twelve) cash vouchers, valued at a combined total of R150 000.00 (one hundred and fifty thousand Rand).
10. Individual vouchers available to be won are made up of 2 (two) x R15 000.00 (fifteen thousand Rand) vouchers, 30 (thirty) x R1 000.00 (one thousand Rand) vouchers and 180 (one hundred and eighty) x R500 (five hundred Rand) vouchers.
11. BEL and The Laughing Cow® reserve the right to limit the number of entries made by any one individual through the entry platform for the competition. Only one entry per till slip is allowed. Any cell phone number that submits a photo via WhatsApp of the same till slip more than once will not be eligible to enter the draw.
12. Winners will be determined by random draw and Participants will be notified if they are a winner after 22nd November 2018.
13. Participants must enter using a phone number that is owned and registered to them. If the Participant has won on a particular cell phone number, they cannot use another number in order to be contacted further. The number with which each Participant enters the Competition needs to be a number that is contactable during office hours.
14. BEL and The Laughing Cow® may request winners to provide their proof of identification, other information and/or to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification to enable The Laughing Cow® and BEL to ensure compliance with these terms and conditions and the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008. Should a winner refuse or be unable to comply with such a request for any reason, they will be deemed to have rejected the prize and BEL and The Laughing Cow® shall be under no obligation to pay the prize.
15. Potential prize winners will have 48 hours to produce the relevant documentation failing which the Participant shall be deemed to have forfeited the prize and a runner-up finalist will be deemed the potential prize winner subject to the terms and conditions herein. If the potential prize winner fails to submit any requested information or documentation with 48 hours of it being requested, for whatsoever reason, including incorrect telephone numbers or inoperative telephone numbers, such winner will be disqualified.
16. If the Promoters are unable to reach any of the potential prize winners after 3 (three) attempts made within 2 (two) working days of their name being drawn, a runner-up finalist will be deemed the potential prize winner subject to the terms and conditions herein.
17. The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. Prizes may not be exchanged for any other prize, nor are they transferable. A prize will not be handed/awarded to a third party, but only to the verified prize winner.
19. The prizes are not redeemable by or on behalf of a company, close corporation or similar juristic person or legal entity.
20. All entrants, by entering this competition, agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
21. BEL and The Laughing Cow® will not be liable for any entries or Whatsapp messages not received due to technical or service provider errors or failure and/or due to any other cause outside the control of BEL or The Laughing Cow®.
22. BEL and The Laughing Cow® reserve the right to extend, shorten or suspend the competition at any stage prior to the end of the competition period, whether as a result of changes in legislation, if required by any national, provincial or municipal authority or for technical, commercial or operational reasons, public interest, events beyond its control or generally for any reason whatsoever within its sole discretion. Notice of such termination shall be published on The Laughing Cow® South Africa Facebook page as soon as reasonably possible. In such an event, all participants waive any rights that they may have or purport to have in terms of the competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against BEL and The Laughing Cow® whatsoever. However, all participants who have received confirmation for a cash prize prior to such will remain eligible to receive the prize that has been awarded to them in accordance with the terms and conditions in force when they were selected as winners.
23. BEL and The Laughing Cow® reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time and for any reason and will notify participants of any such amendments as soon as reasonably possible via its Facebook page. It is the participant’s responsibility to regularly check The Laughing Cow® South Africa Facebook page for any amendments. Any amendments will be applied and interpreted at the sole discretion of BEL and The Laughing Cow®. In the case that the terms and conditions of the competition are amended, such amendments shall become effective immediately or on such date as may be determined by BEL and The Laughing Cow®.
24. No participants shall have any recourse or claim against BEL and The Laughing Cow® as a result of: (a) any amendment to these terms and conditions, (b) BEL and The Laughing Cow’s cancellation, termination or suspension of the competition in line with these terms and conditions and/or (c) BEL and The Laughing Cow’s inability, despite attempts in line with these terms and conditions, to reach a participant.
25. The agreement or transaction entered into, or payment made by or under it, would not give rise to any legal relationship rights, duties or consequences whatsoever, or will be legally enforceable, or the subject of litigation, but all such arrangements, agreements and transactions would be binding in honour only.
26. BEL and The Laughing Cow® reserve the right to use any pictures and/or videos submitted for entry, at their own discretion. By entering this competition, the participants entering or taking part in the competition authorise BEL and The Laughing Cow® to publish the pictures or distribute any or all of the details of the participant without any liability on the part of BEL and The Laughing Cow® and/or remuneration due to the participant.
27. The Promoters, their directors, employees, agents and distributors, are not responsible for any misrepresentation (whether written or verbal) in respect of any prize nor in respect of any warranties or undertakings given by any person other than the Promoters themselves.
28. For any queries relating to the competition, send us a message using the contact form on The Laughing Cow’s website at www.thelaughingcow.co.za.